Christmas tree precautions from your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington!
Though Christmas is a time for celebration, it is wise to be cautious too. Old fashioned Christmas trees were displayed with wax on live tree branches to simulate snow. Since then we’ve grown wiser, and safer. Your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is her to help with safety tips to reduce the risk of a fire caused by Christmas trees.
- Be sure to water your live trees, this decreases dryness on the branches. Dry needles and wood are more likely to catch on fire quicker.
- Avoid plugging more than 3 strings into one outlet. It’s best to opt for a power strip.
- Discard light strings that are worn or broken.
- Always remember to turn off your Christmas tree when leaving your home.
- When placing your tree in your home, choose wisely. Make sure that your Christmas tree does not block an exit. Also, try to keep it at least 3 feet away from any heat sources like space heaters, candles, fireplaces, heat vents or lamps.
For this Christmas season keep yourself and your family safe. We hope that you find these safety precautions helpful. Always remember that your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help, and make it “Like it never even happened”.