Does SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington offer commercial services? Yes we do!
No job too big, no job too small!
From Carpets to Catastrophes, We've Got you Covered For All Your Commercial Cleaning Needs!
What SERVPRO Franchise Professionals Can Do For You
Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration: Knowing the types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
Water Removal and Dehumidification: We identify the source and type of water, which determines the proper course of action. Drying equipment controls temperature and humidity, minimizing secondary damage.
Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup: We are trained to safely and effectively clean biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations.
Mold Mitigation and Remediation: We work to control and remediate mold contaminants while protecting your health and safety.
Contents Claim Inventory Service: Accurate inventory helps keep costs low and reduces completion time. We can provide an itemized, area-by-area loss inventory.
Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning: We can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors and improve indoor air quality.
Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care: We use the latest IICRC training as well as state-of-the-art equipment to remove entrapped soils from deep within your carpet’s pile and backings.
Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications: Using IICRC standards for carpet as a guide, We will show you what cleaning option would be best for your carpet’s level of soiling and explain the benefits of soil protection.
Odor Identification and Deodorization: We will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate it.
Upholstery and Drapes: Wet or Dry Cleaning Methods: Fabrics are inspected to determine the safest and most effective cleaning method.
Time is a precious Commodity. When you need it done right and done fast, call your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington for all your commercial cleaning needs. Did you know when your hire SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington for maintenance cleanings, you get around-the-clock restoration services built with you in mind? Quality cleaning and quick response – that’s the SERVPRO way.
Can’t figure out how to get the job done? Call SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington for all your emergency restoration needs. Because when you experience a fire, water or mold damage in your facility, you need a fast response and the expertise to get the job done right, ensuring your business can get back into operation as quickly as possible. Through it all, you expect the most reliable information and the very best service at a fair price.
SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is committed to providing fire and water cleanup and restoration services to reduce business interruptions and recovery costs. SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington can provide:
- Over 50 years of experience as a leading fire and water cleanup and restoration provider.
- More locations for faster responses. A uniformed technician will arrive on-site usually within four hours of notification.
- Quick response time to help ensure the damage in contained and the restoration process beings promptly.
Don't hesitate to contact your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington for any of your commercial needs, we are always here to help!
When winter weather strikes…We strike back!
SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington strikes back!
With the first real signs of winter arriving last week, it’s important to know what you can do to prepare your residential our business property.
PREPARE YOUR HOME:
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells. This allows warm air to circulate around pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets run through unheated or uninsulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to off.
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
PREPARE YOUR BUSINESS:
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain, ice and snow, can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surface and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Contact our office at 301-933-2425 and speak with Ingrid about obtaining an Emergency Ready profile for your business.
All in all, please be safe this winter, and if you are in need of our assistance, we are always here to help.
October is fire preparedness month at SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington!
Are you prepared for a fire?
Do you know what to do in case there is a fire in your home or business? If not, your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington has you covered! Below are tips to help you prepare for a disaster like a fire courtesy of The American Red Cross.
- Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell “Fire“ to alert everyone that they must get out.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.
Being prepared is a detrimental aspect when it comes to making sure that your family and employees are safe in case of a fire event. Always remember that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened.”
Fall preparation checklist from SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington
Here comes fall!
With the fall season quickly approaching, home owners should consider taking the proper precautions to keep your home safe. Your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington has put together a to-do list that may give you an idea as to where to start.
- Visually inspect your roof
- Clean your gutters or have a professional clean them
- Inspect windows for possible cracks
- Check caulk around the window frames
- Inspect the siding of your house
- Check the downspouts around your house to make sure they are directing water away from your foundation and driveway
- Inspect trees for broken limbs that may be a hazard to your home
We hope that this list helps you identify potential risks that may affect your home. Remember that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help, If disaster strikes you can count on us to make it “Like it never even happened”.
July 4th safety tips from your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington.
Happy July 4th!
July 4th is a day to celebrate with friends, family, and fireworks! While enjoying such a festive occasion, be sure to keep your family and home safe. Bellow are a few tips to consider when celebrating with fireworks.
- Have a fire extinguisher handy, just in case.
- Supervise children handling fireworks.
- Soak fireworks in a bucket of water before putting them in a trash can.
- Light the fireworks at arms length and then stand back.
- Do not attempt to re-shoot fire works that did not initially fire.
- Set your fireworks in an open space, not to close to your home.
We hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July. Always remember that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help and make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm water awareness from SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington.
Storm damage? SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is here to help!
During spring we see lots of flash storms. Flash storms leave catastrophic damage in their path. Rain water is considered, what we in the restoration industry, call category three water. Category three water is considered black water, which has the potential to cause health concerns such as respiratory problems. When a home is contaminated by black water, we recommend that you leave the home until it has been properly decontaminated. Our duty is to properly clean and restore your home and belongings. We believe in restoring instead of replacing. Trust that your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington will take care of your home and get you back to its prior to loss condition as soon as possible.
Duct cleaning, the SERVPRO way!
Happy ducts, happy house!
When moving into your new home or simply just to keep a clean home, a duct cleaning is essential. Sweep away bacteria and dust accumulated in the ducts of your new home. By performing regular duct cleaning you potentially extend the life of your HVAC system as well as your ducts. You also reduce chances of health risks that steam from dust, dirt, and fungi accumulated in your ducts. Our goal when performing a duct cleaning is to remediate bacteria, restore peak energy efficiency, and eliminate offensive odors. You can trust that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington will get it done right the first time.
The SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington duct cleaning process:
- We begin our process by using our patented roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the shape and diameter to the ducts. The roto-scraper removes debris and filth before we the vacuuming process begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a collection container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environmental clean.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and soil.
Call us today for a free duct cleaning estimate! Your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened."
Allergy season in full effect!
SERVPRO is always here to help!
Do you or anyone in your household suffer from allergies? Though the season brings many contributing factors to allergies, there are also causes that may not be related to the seasonal change. The cause may be that your home is simply just not clean. For example, if you have a pet like a cat or dog, cleaning their dander may help minimize your allergic reactions. Another example is dust, dust particles can cause sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion etc.
Aside from allergies, different aspects of your home can cause discomfort. An odor can cause discomfort and or headaches. An odor like mold is not one to take lightly, mold can lead to serious health issues. Take the necessary precautions to keep your family healthy this spring.
Here are a few services that we offer that may help you feel better inside your home.
- A good old fashioned duct cleaning
- Mold Remediation
- Mildew cleanup
- Pet dander cleanup
- Carpet cleaning
Your trusted professionals at SERVPRO ofWheaton/Kensington can help you get nice and tidy this spring. Call us today for more information on the specialty cleaning services that we offer.
Where do mice hibernate during winter? Possibly inside your house!
Biohazard clean-up from SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington.
As we all know, during cold temperatures, we try to stay indoors as much as possible. Have you ever asked yourself, where mice hibernate? Well, possibly inside your house! They also want to keep warm during the winter months. A small sign of a mice infestation can be tiny black feces no bigger than a sesame seed. Bigger signs are holes chewed out of food containers or even drywall. In these cases the best thing to do is to get a pest control provider to come out and take care of your unwelcomed guests.
Your next step is to hire the rite professionals to come and clean the mess left behind. Rodents carry diseases like the Hantavirus, which can cause life threatening diseases with flu-like symptoms. In some cases just breathing in the contaminated dust can make you sick. By attempting to clean after rodent urine or feces you expose you and your family’s health. Call SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington to properly clean and disinfect your home. Our team of trained professionals have the experience and the now-how to properly clean and disinfect your home. Trust your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Snow storm tips from your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington.
Protect your property from winter storm damage.
Winter weather is here! It is time to dust off and take out those snow shovels, it looks like we will be needing them today. Although snow is a beautiful thing to see, it can cause damage to your home. Your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is here to help with a few pointers on how to keep your home safe from damage due to a snow storm.
- Remove snow from basement stairwells and window wells, melting snow can lead to water damage and moisture intrusion.
- Drip all faucets in your home continually during severe cold, including kitchen and bathroom sinks as well as shower and tub faucets, to prevent pipes from freezing and bursting.
- Use extreme caution with electric space heaters, keeping them at least a few feet away from anything flammable.
- If you experience a power failure, use battery-powered flashlights and lanterns instead of candles whenever possible.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are any water supply lines in the garage.
Remember your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened.”