Recent Cleaning Posts
Facts about your carpets and how they can affect your health
Your professional carpet cleaners!
As we go about our day-to-day, we sometimes forget that there are certain
things in our home that require special care. Our carpet and area rugs are one of
many. Simply vacuuming does not cut it my friends! Throughout time our
carpets collect debris, dust, soil, and germs, among other things. For a family
member with allergies, a dirty carpet may cause their symptoms to flare up.
There may be certain areas in your home that are not as high-traffic as others,
the areas that are, should be cleaned once every 12-18 months.
What can I expect from a SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington carpet cleaning?
Well, first and foremost, a clean carpet once we’ve completed! Our carpet
cleaning service consists of stain removal treatment, washing, cleaning, and
sanitizing the areas requested. Due to the unprecedented time that we are living
in now, we are also performing a complimentary disinfecting service on carpeted
areas that are being serviced. Our team will service your home in appropriate
personal protective equipment in order to keep themselves and your family safe.
You can expect a trained, and experienced team from beginning to end.
Call your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington at (301)933-2425 for a free
Fall preparation checklist from SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington
Here comes fall!
With the fall season quickly approaching, home owners should consider taking the proper precautions to keep your home safe. Your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington has put together a to-do list that may give you an idea as to where to start.
- Visually inspect your roof
- Clean your gutters or have a professional clean them
- Inspect windows for possible cracks
- Check caulk around the window frames
- Inspect the siding of your house
- Check the downspouts around your house to make sure they are directing water away from your foundation and driveway
- Inspect trees for broken limbs that may be a hazard to your home
We hope that this list helps you identify potential risks that may affect your home. Remember that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help, If disaster strikes you can count on us to make it “Like it never even happened”.
Duct cleaning, the SERVPRO way!
Happy ducts, happy house!
When moving into your new home or simply just to keep a clean home, a duct cleaning is essential. Sweep away bacteria and dust accumulated in the ducts of your new home. By performing regular duct cleaning you potentially extend the life of your HVAC system as well as your ducts. You also reduce chances of health risks that steam from dust, dirt, and fungi accumulated in your ducts. Our goal when performing a duct cleaning is to remediate bacteria, restore peak energy efficiency, and eliminate offensive odors. You can trust that your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington will get it done right the first time.
The SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington duct cleaning process:
- We begin our process by using our patented roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the shape and diameter to the ducts. The roto-scraper removes debris and filth before we the vacuuming process begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a collection container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environmental clean.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and soil.
Call us today for a free duct cleaning estimate! Your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington is always here to help and make it “Like it never even happened."
Allergy season in full effect!
SERVPRO is always here to help!
Do you or anyone in your household suffer from allergies? Though the season brings many contributing factors to allergies, there are also causes that may not be related to the seasonal change. The cause may be that your home is simply just not clean. For example, if you have a pet like a cat or dog, cleaning their dander may help minimize your allergic reactions. Another example is dust, dust particles can cause sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion etc.
Aside from allergies, different aspects of your home can cause discomfort. An odor can cause discomfort and or headaches. An odor like mold is not one to take lightly, mold can lead to serious health issues. Take the necessary precautions to keep your family healthy this spring.
Here are a few services that we offer that may help you feel better inside your home.
- A good old fashioned duct cleaning
- Mold Remediation
- Mildew cleanup
- Pet dander cleanup
- Carpet cleaning
Your trusted professionals at SERVPRO ofWheaton/Kensington can help you get nice and tidy this spring. Call us today for more information on the specialty cleaning services that we offer.
Fall Cleaning tip from your SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington.
What's in your ducts?
Fall cleaning? Is there such a thing as fall cleaning? Is spring cleaning not enough?
Although adding a chore like fall cleaning doesn’t sound like any fun, it can benefit you and your family’s health! A service that we recommend around this time is a good old fashioned Duct Cleaning. Having your ducts cleaned can avoid health issues like allergies. The dust, dirt, and pollen collected in your ducts can cause issues like worsening asthma symptoms. Not cleaning your ducts can also cause stale odors in your home. Cleaning your ducts will remove mold or other contaminants that may be spreading inside your home now. You may ask yourself, how frequently do I need to have my ducts serviced? That depends on a few different things such as, the size of the home, the amount of people that live in the home, and if you have pets or not.
Call your local SERVPRO of Wheaton/Kensington to determine how frequently you should clean your ducts, and for your free estimate!
SERVPRO Duct Cleaning
Do you find that when you are doing laundry it's taking forever to dry your clothes?
Does your Furnace sound like a freight train?
More than likely this is because your air or exhaust ducts are in need of an extensive cleaning and the filters changed out.
When the dust builds up in your air ducts and exhaust system it causes your dryer and HVAC system to work overtime and shorten the life of these expensive items. Not only is this bad for your appliances and mechanical system, it's also a fire hazard.
When to Call Professionals for a Duct Cleaning Service?
- Call when dust begins appearing shortly after cleaning.
- Call when musty or stale odors are appearing when a furnace runs.
Why Should You Call?
- Avoiding an air-duct clean could affect anyone living the house with allergies or asthma.
- Dust, dirt, and pollen are pulled into the air duct system.
- Dismissing an air duct cleaning service could possibly lead room for mold, bacteria, fungus, and mildew to form.
- This will circulate whenever the furnace turns on.
- The services offered removes any mold or other contaminants providing a clean air circulation throughout your home.
- The Benefits of Servicing Your HVAC Unit Include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
Be sure to clean out your air ducts and vents at least once a year in order to keep the airflow in your house clean and safe. Call to schedule an appointment today.